- Rental: allowing you to view the e-book unlimited times, but only during the period of your rental/subscription.
- You may choose to take out a monthly or annual subscription to view certain e-books or to view some or all of our entire catalogue. Full details and pricing of each of these options are available on the Website. We reserve the right to make changes to our fees according to the status of the customer and the territory in which he is based, to account for differences in requirements to charge VAT. When you take out a subscription you must comply with the following license terms:
- Rental: We grant you a limited, non-revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to view the e-book content to your computer and/or other device(s) solely for your personal, non-commercial use, which shall apply only for the period of your rental subscription. You agree to not otherwise copy, reproduce, distribute or use the e-book content other than as stated. You will not sell, transfer, lease, modify, distribute or publicly perform the e-book content in any manner and you will not exploit it commercially. You agree to not modify, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the e-book content, or otherwise tamper with the e-book content or create from it any derivative works.
Your right to cancel You have the right to cancel a subscription within 14 days of purchase, provided that you have not downloaded any content prior to your cancellation. In such a case, we will refund your purchase or subscription fee in full. After the 14 days cancellation period, if you wish to cancel your subscription plan, then you should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 14 days prior to the date of your next due fee. Copyright and Licence This Website contains content which is owned by or licensed to us (the “Content”). This Content includes, but is not limited to, the information, design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. You are granted a licence to use the Content subject to the restrictions described in these Terms. You are granted a licence to download, store, view, edit, use, reproduce, copy, print, any material contained in this Website for your own personal and/or business purposes. You are not permitted to:
- republish Content (including republication on another Website);
- sell, rent, license, sublicense, lease, distribute, copy, duplicate, publish or reproduce Content or any part of it for use by any third party;
- exploit any Content for a commercial purpose;
- use any Content in any way that is unlawful or in breach of any person's legal rights under any applicable law, or in any way that is offensive, indecent, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable.
If you breach these Terms in any way then the licence granted to you will be automatically terminated upon such breach and we may take such action as we deem appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the Website, prohibiting you from accessing the Website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the Website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the Website and/or bringing court proceedings against you. All Content and material contained in this Website is and shall remain at all times the copyright of Joosr Ltd. You must retain, and must not delete or remove all copyright notices and other proprietary notices placed by us on any Content. User Content The Website may permit the submission of user comments and the submission of images, videos or other content by you and other users ("User Content") and the hosting and publishing of such User Content. You understand that whether or not such User Content are published, we do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Content. You shall be solely responsible for your own User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing them. You represent and warrant that:
- you own or have the necessary rights and permissions to use and authorize us to use all copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights in and to any User Content to enable inclusion and use on the Website and in accordance with these Terms; and
- whilst, you retain all of your ownership rights in your User Content, by submitting the User Content to us, you hereby grant us, in addition to any other rights which we may have, a worldwide, non-exclusive and transferable license to use, copy, prepare derivative works of (including without limitation, to rename, edit, shorten, split videos into different segments, and use an entire image or video or segments as part of compilations), display and broadcast the User Content in connection with the Website and our business, including without limitation to grant access to the Website to third parties to view the User Content (and derivative works thereof).
- you will not: (i) submit material that is false or misleading copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the User Content and to grant us all of the license rights granted herein; (ii) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage us, our business or any third party; (iii) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, libelous, threatening, pornographic, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or (iv) misidentify yourself in submitting the User Content or misstate your true identity.
Any breach of the above warranties will result in the user’s account being immediately terminated and may result in the user becoming liable to legal action. We do not endorse any User Content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and we expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with User Content. You understand that when using the Website, you will be exposed to User Content from a variety of sources, and that we are not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such User Content. You may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against us with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold us, our owners, affiliates, employees, agents and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the Website. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Notice Joosr Ltd respects the intellectual property rights of others. We have made every effort to ensure that none of our Content infringes on the intellectual property rights of others. It is our policy to respond promptly to any claim that Content posted on the Site or on the App infringes the copyright or other intellectual property infringement (“Infringement”) of any person. Joosr will use reasonable efforts to investigate notices of alleged Infringement and will take appropriate action under applicable intellectual property law and these Terms where it believes an Infringement has taken place, including removing or disabling access to the Content claimed to be infringing. To notify Joosr of a possible Infringement you must submit your notice in writing to the attention of “Copyright Infringement” care of email@example.com and include in your notice a detailed description of the alleged Infringement sufficient to enable Joosr to make a reasonable determination. Please note that you may be held accountable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) for misrepresenting that any Content is infringing your copyright. If you are uncertain whether an activity constitutes Infringement, we recommended seeking advice of an attorney. No Warranties This Website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. We make no representations or warranties in relation to this Website or the information and material provided on this Website. We do not warrant that this Website will be constantly available, or available at all; or that the information on this Website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading. The materials on this Website and the Content of the e-books is for your general information and use only. Nothing on this Website or any Content of any e-books made available by us constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. We do not provide any warranty as to the suitability of the information and material found on or offered through this Website for any particular purpose. Your use of any information or material is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this Website meet your own specific requirements. You acknowledge that information and material found or offered through this Website may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this Website and the use of this Website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Limitations and Exclusions of Liability To the extent that the Website and the information and services on the Website are provided, our liability to you in relation to the use of our Website or under or in connection with these Terms, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, will be limited as follows: Joosr Ltd and its employees will not be liable to you for any loss or damage of any nature whether arising directly or indirectly from the use of or reliance on information obtained through your use of this Website; Joosr Ltd and its employees will not be liable for any consequential, indirect or special loss or damage and will not be liable for any loss of profit, income, revenue, anticipated savings, contracts, business, goodwill, reputation, data, or information. Nothing in these Terms will limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, limit or exclude our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or limit any of our liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law. By using this Website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in these Terms are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this Website. Indemnity If you breach these Terms you will be held fully responsible for any loss suffered by us as result of such breach and will be held accountable for all losses caused or profits gained by you from breaching these Terms. You agree to indemnify us and undertake to keep us indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including, without limitation, legal expenses) incurred or suffered by us arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these Terms. Other Websites This Website may contain links to other Websites that are not under the control of and are not maintained by us. We are not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked Websites. We provide these links for your convenience only but do not endorse the material on those sites. Waiver The failure by us to enforce at any time or for any period any one or more of the Terms shall not be a waiver of them or the right at any time subsequently to enforce all Terms. Severance If any provision of these Terms shall be found by any court to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other provisions of these Terms which shall remain in full force and effect. If any provision of these Terms is so found to be invalid or unenforceable but would be valid or enforceable if some part of the provision were deleted, the provision in question shall apply with such modification(s) as may be necessary to make it valid and enforceable. Variation We may revise these Terms from time-to-time. Revised Terms will apply to the use of our Website from the date of the publication of the revised Terms on our Website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version. Exclusion of Third Party Rights These Terms are for the benefit of you and us, and are not intended to benefit any third party or be enforceable by any third party. The exercise of our and your rights in relation to these Terms is not subject to the consent of any third party. Entire Agreement These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our Website, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this Website. Jurisdiction and Governing Law These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute, claim or matter arising out of, or relating to, these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.